Goodlife personal trainers suggest to those who are interested in training for a marathon to consider working with a personal trainer to help develop balance, strength and coordination in the body. When a body is in balance, your running stride, timings, gate and cardio-vascular system is more efficient and effective providing you greater results.
If you are training for a marathon on your own here are some tips to consider.
- Remember to pace yourself in your run so not to tire out too quickly.
- Be sure to wear comfortable and proper fitted running shoes.
- Try to relax and remain loose in the upper body while running so not to create too much tension.
- Control your breathing, slow and steady breathing in through the nose and out the mouth to control the Co2 levels in your lungs.
- Do a couple mobility drills to open up the hips and to get a better stride, for example
- “Third world squats” A deep comfortable squat with feet shoulder width apart, slowly sink into the squat and stretch out the hip flexors.
- Remember to strength train hamstrings and gluteal muscles to balance out the body instead of always leading from the quadriceps. Pushing from the glutes with each stride will be more effective.
Why choose Goodlife Fitness Okotoks gym and to train with our team of personal trainers?
Okotoks has that small town feel where people take the time to greet you and are caring; it’s a place where neighbors actually know one another. Goodlife Fitness in Okotoks reflects that same small town feel. We offer a beautiful state of the art training facility with a wide variety of equipment ranging from cardio and weight machines to cables, free weights and fun instructor led classes for all!
Goodlife Fitness offers individualized and team training camps to meet all of your health and fitness needs. Our team is certified and CPR trained professionals offering services to address any and all health, fitness, rehabilitation and accountability requirements. If you are looking for some help to train for your marathon please contact email@example.com